Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat-Allis 645B Model & Engine information

Liviu Popescu · 2021-08-10 11:54

Hi all, I’m new around here and was hoping to get some advice. We have a Fiat-Allis 645B front wheel loader which we’ve been using forever however now it’s blown it’s headgasket and would be looking at an engine rebuild. While the machine is out there would be other stuff worth fixing at the same time. The serial number of the machine is 14C06113. if anyone could help with the year of manufacutre, type of engine fitted and point in the direction of some parts manuals as I’m in the dark. All the parts manuals I found seem to reffer to s/n 11Y, 16L or 23M, so I’m not sure how do they relate to our 14C. I’m from Europe and the loader it seems to be built in England - maybe that makes a difference? Appologies if this has been answered somewhere but I’ve spent 2 whole days searching the Internet and couldn’t find any info. thank you!

Replies11
  1. #1Vetech632021-08-10 15:43

    I believe its the 3500 Mark II engine with the Allison 2221TT transmission. The engines are really tough, depending on how it ran it may only need a head gasket. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I am wrong.

  2. #2Liviu Popescu2021-08-10 16:35

    Thank you! Would you know where to get a parts manual for my serial number?

  3. #3Vetech632021-08-11 07:47

    That I'm not sure of. Have you done an internet search yet?

  4. #4Liviu Popescu2021-08-11 07:49

    Yes, I’ve done an extensive one but all part manuals for 645B state that the serial number should be either11Y, 16L or 23M. So I’m completely stuck with mine starting with 14C unfortunately. Maybe someone might help.

  5. #5Vetech632021-08-11 07:50

    Take a pic of the serial number tag and post it here. Are you sure its a B series?

  6. #6Liviu Popescu2021-08-11 07:52

    Yes, 100%. I think it’s made in england so that’s why it might differ. I’ve attached a picture.

  7. #7Vetech632021-08-11 07:54

    I'de bet there is little difference in the manuals. Just make sure you get one that has the right engine in it. There should be a ID plate on the engine also

  8. #8Liviu Popescu2021-08-11 07:58

    Yes, you’re probably right. All of our other equipment are Cat and it’s so much easier with them to find the right part you’re looking for. Until now we never had any issues with the 645B loader but recently it seems various things started going wrong. It’s a good machine and perfect for what we need (occasional loading of trucks) so would like to expand my knowledge on it and be able to source parts. Hence why I thought of asking people here if they had any ideea.

  9. #9Lindsey972021-08-29 01:21

    Over here in the states, I had a friend that owned a 545 and 645. He had installed a allis chalmers combine engine in one of his when the engine went down.

  10. #10Tones2021-08-29 01:38

    Suggest you find the engine tag. Being European it could be a Fiat engine and parts may not be to much of a problem. Plenty of them in New Zealand were repowered with Fiat engines when engine parts became rear for the Allis engines. Bolted straight in.

  11. #11Liviu Popescu2021-09-27 14:31

    Hi all, small update. I did manage to buy 2x parts manuals for the 645B serial numbers starting with 14C. Also, minne has had an iveco engine repower, tag on it says it’s a 8361.05 non turbo engine (the guide said it should have a 8365.25 turbo engine but seems mine doesn’t).I have bought the manual and instructions for the Iveco repower guide. If anybody ever needs them please message me and I will send them. thank you, Liviu