Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis FD9

harpo ยท 2009-08-16 01:24

I'm looking to make a offer on a 1986 Fiat Allis FD9 that has a blown engine so i'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this machine. Want to fix it up to use to clear some property. It has been sitting for a few years and everything else looks ok just needs a engine. I don't know if they are hard to come by or what to expect for a price on one. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies28
  1. #1td25c2009-08-16 14:53

    The first thing I would do is look around to see what people are asking for FD9's in good condition.If the engine in the dozer you are looking at has bad block damage then you will be looking for another engine.that could get expensive,I dont know what a salvage yard woud ask for a good FD9 engine.I do know that dead equipment dose not bring a big price .There is a nice looking FD9 on www.machinerytrader.com in the dozer section with a winch on it,they are asking 15,500 for it.That looks like a nice size dozer for what your wanting to do.

  2. #2harpo2009-08-16 20:37

    thanks that gives me an idea of what it would be worth when fixed. Now I need to find an engine for it and see what that cost is thanks

  3. #3amunderdog2009-08-16 23:18

    :my2c If a good one is worth 15 then a nearly dead one is worth 5 That gives you 10 to make repairs. That way you may come out ahead or break even. :idea Or if money comes easy buy the one for 15 and the other for 5 as a parts machine. Then you would be way ahead of the game at 20

  4. #4hi-ball2009-08-17 13:18

    Hello Harpo I dont know if you have fixed much equipment or moved it . Moving a dead piece of equipment can cost alot of money depending on how far you have to haul it, how long to load-unload & do you have to pay for a excavator or other to load this on the truck. What does it cost per hour for truck & trailer there ? This machine you are looking at needs major repairs (engine) I personally wouldnt pay more than $2000.00 max. Let us know if you find a engine. Shane.

  5. #5willie592009-08-17 22:51

    Blown engine? Does that mean it doesn't run? If it doesn't, how do you know an engine is the only thing it needs? Hmmm

  6. #6harpo2009-08-17 22:54

    Thanks. These are the things I'm trying to consider. I'm not sure what an engine would run but the guy who has it just wants to get rid of it so I think he will let it go for next to nothing. I just need to find an engine to put in it or at least figure out what one might costthat would work

  7. #7harpo2009-08-17 22:57

    I actually talked to the guy who serviced it last and he said it was fine before the engine let loose. He is actually the one who found it for me, he fixes our equipment at work.

  8. #8willie592009-08-17 23:11

    If you can get it for a bargain price, don't have to spend a ton of money to move it, and have a handy mechanic around; you might consider forgetting about the Fiat engine and retrofit a B series Cummins in it. Just a thought.

  9. #9harpo2009-08-18 13:07

    is retrofitting to a cumming;s difficult? sounds like the way to go

  10. #10willie592009-08-18 22:10

    Well, I'm not going to say it's easy, but a good mechanic can do it. I used to operate an FD-7 Fat Allis that had a B series 359 installed in it. I think 25c has an FD-16 with a big Cummins in it. I just throwed it out as an option if you have difficulty finding a Fiat engine. There's plenty of B series Cummins out there.

  11. #11harpo2009-08-25 17:57

    Ok I got the Dozer now I need a motor..........Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can get a Iveco 8065.25 engine. This one has a large hole in the side of it so it is shot. The other parts on the engine look relatively new so I just need a short block. thanks!!

  12. #12spitzair2009-08-25 19:17

    I'm not sure if he'd have one but I'd suggest trying John Parks at General Gear in Boise, Idaho. He's really knowledgeable and was quite a bit of help when I was in need of parts for my D6 9U. His website is www.tractorparts.com Maybe he can help...

  13. #13harpo2009-08-25 21:47

    thanks Spitzair I'll try him

  14. #14willie592009-08-25 21:53

    You can also get Fat Allis parts from MinnParr, http://www.minnpar.com/ You could also try Iron Peddlers and see if they come up with something. Talk to Cecil, http://www.ironpeddlers.com/

  15. #15harpo2009-08-27 18:53

    can anyone tell me were to find the numbers at on the engine so I know what i have the block has a v797364 cast in it, also 21F4 and says FIAT. Is this a 8065 engine? the block has a hole on both sides so it is trashed. thanks

  16. #16ernsetp2010-08-13 14:43

    Fd 9 Did you ever get your dozer going? I also have an FD9, it runs good but the undercarriage is pretty bad. Is there a source for sprockets etc. I have the parts catalog and service manual.

  17. #17harpo2010-08-13 15:46

    I did get it going. turns out a 8060 block is the same as a 8065 so all I had to do was put all the 8065 accessories on the 8060 block. It runs good and have cleared a number of acres of trees. As far as the undercarriage I don't know were to tell you to look for the parts but I do remember running across sites that had undercarriage parts on the internet. I'll look and see if I have any info on any of them that might and if I do I'll let you know.

  18. #18harpo2010-08-13 15:57

    try this http://www.rockanddirt.com/attachments-for-sale/FIATALLIS/undercarriage-components

  19. #19ontrac2010-08-13 16:19

    Try wilson finley group, also your new holland dealer

  20. #20ernsetp2010-08-14 21:22

    Thanks for the info. I have had the FD9 for a few years and built a pond with it but don't use it much anymore. It would be nice to have a better track & sprockets but it doesn't jump a track yet. It starts right up even if setting for months. I can send some pictures if you want, email to: [email protected] I also have a neat dozer with a rear mounted continental engine. It says ATC on the back & someone thinks it was a forklift in the Korean war.... Ernie

  21. #2102Dmax2010-08-15 09:15

    ernsetp - whats the part numbers for your rail and rollers? The guy I used to work for had a bunch of Fiat's and he's got some new and barely used undercarriage components stacked up at the shop and he's selling off all his fiat's and stuff that goes with them.

  22. #22fiat41b2010-08-15 12:01

    i live in illinois does your guy have 31,41 parts i have alot of fiats that needs parts is your guy from chillocothi mo.

  23. #23norite2010-08-15 12:41

    "Ok I got the Dozer now I need a motor..........Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can get a Iveco 8065.25 engine." No idea where you'd find that engine but I've seen those IVECO diesel used underground in the mines as power for minecat tractors (rubber tired). Probably in the 80 - 90 hp range, I had never heard of them before but they were quiet, powerful and reliable, I was impressed with them.

  24. #24ernsetp2010-08-15 22:47

    I'll look them up in the parts book & get back to your... Thanks Ernie [email protected]

  25. #25ernsetp2010-08-16 21:25

    Here is what I came up with from the FD9 parts book: Drive Sprocket 27 teeth: 76004991 2ea (mine come to a very sharp point) 21.7" shoes: 76007504 - 78 ea. (the 17.7 or 19.7" shoes would be ok too) Chain Assy: 79040785 - 2ea or Track link right: 79056028 - 78ea Track link left: 79056029 - 78ea Master Link right: 79056034 - 2ea Master Link left: 79056035 - 2ea Pin: 79031596 - 80ea Track Roller single flange Assembly: 76004903 - 8ea Track Roller double flange Assembly: 76004902 - 4ea Roller only single flange: 76004900 Roller only double flange: 76004898 Track Carrier Roller Assembly: 4991715 - 4ea Bolts for shoes: 79031606 - 312 ea Nuts for shoes: 70666583 - 312 ea Bolts for master shoe: 79034204 - 8ea there are 40 shoes per track. The idler sprocket was changed to one from a loader I believe.

  26. #26ernsetp2010-08-26 13:26

    Here is what I came up with from the FD9 parts book: Drive Sprocket 27 teeth: 76004991 2ea (mine come to a very sharp point) 21.7" shoes: 76007504 - 78 ea. (the 17.7 or 19.7" shoes would be ok too) Chain Assy: 79040785 - 2ea or Track link right: 79056028 - 78ea Track link left: 79056029 - 78ea Master Link right: 79056034 - 2ea Master Link left: 79056035 - 2ea Pin: 79031596 - 80ea Track Roller single flange Assembly: 76004903 - 8ea Track Roller double flange Assembly: 76004902 - 4ea Roller only single flange: 76004900 Roller only double flange: 76004898 Track Carrier Roller Assembly: 4991715 - 4ea Bolts for shoes: 79031606 - 312 ea Nuts for shoes: 70666583 - 312 ea Bolts for master shoe: 79034204 - 8ea there are 40 shoes per track. The idler sprocket was changed to one from a loader I believe.

  27. #27farmerscotty2013-01-21 13:44

    so did anyone find a place to get Iveco engines???? I have a FL9 track loader with a c03-130 engine blown..........don't know who to call or where to go to get an engine HELP

  28. #28C130 eng2013-01-21 20:04

    Kwik parts in Fulton Mo might be able to locate one they just found a head for a 10 B for a buddy of mine. 573 642 2258 I had an FD 175 that the motor went south last winter and they found a head for it too. Had to go between them and Minn Parts but we found all the parts.