Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis final drive seals

Dherrold · 2024-07-28 18:11

I have a ‘78 Fiat Allis FL14 B track loader. I need to replace an outer final drive seal. Any idea where to find one? Haven’t had any luck locally Or is there an alternative fix or lubricant - unit only gets used a few times a year on the farm

Replies11
  1. #1Queenslander2024-07-29 02:04

    If all else fails, there are a couple of suppliers here in Australia that would have them. Postage shouldn’t be too bad for a seal.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-07-29 02:40

    Maybe it could be matched at a seal or bearing house.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2024-07-31 08:49

    AC seals are different from anything out there they have a spring loaded bellow with a rubber boot covering it the boot has to be glued to the machine

  4. #4Dherrold2024-07-31 13:39

    Sounds like I may just need to live with it and keep adding oil since it’s a slow leak. Or order them from Australia! Thanks for the info all

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-07-31 14:41

    I'd order them because the leak is not going to improve. Then you at least have them on hand. Don't need rush shipping which could save you some money.

  6. #6Queenslander2024-07-31 20:58

    Dave, the FL 14B is a Fiat tractor which, for better or worse, has duo cone seals. I would be tempted to drain the oil first and check that there is nothing sinister happening in there. Final drives are sometimes like opening a can of worms, which for a tractor that only sees occasional use, may not be worth the expense of fixing, but left alone, could keep going for many years.

  7. #7hector gemme2024-08-02 21:10

    I maybe have that outer seal he is 5 inchs outside-3 1\2inch inside-tickness 1.533 inch and on side he has 3 small pine and the outher side 3 bigger pine and he is new boot,spring and have to the rings seal

  8. #8Dherrold2025-04-23 19:09

    Gentlemen, I am back needing to work on my Fiat Allis FL14B trackloader. Now I need to get a hydraulic control valve box (or a repair kit) for the bucket/ripper/ and lift arms control. Any idea who to get from. Queenslander you mentioned suppliers in Australia? Have any contact information for them?

  9. #9Queenslander2025-04-23 21:41

    Both these companies import regularly from Italy. https://gwtractors.com.au/ https://www.tractorspareparts.com.au/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

  10. #10Dherrold2025-04-24 03:49

    Thank you Queenslander for the info

  11. #11JimInOz2025-04-24 19:43

    Try G.A RICAMBI or TAS-SPA. in Europe. I briefly operated an FL14E & was impressed with it's pushing ability.