Hello I am new to this forum. I have a JD 450 C , a AC Model D grader and a D-7 17-A dozer with a 70 Scraper. There is a Fiat-Allis FL14C loader for sale near me. I have no experience with these. Has not been started in a couple of years. oil is about an inch high on the did stick. Water in radiator looks good. Bucket, sprockets and front idlers look good. Pins and bushings completely worn out. Hydralic cylinders have no leaks and shafts chrome has no pits. If I get it started and everything seems to work what would it be worth? Thanks I appreciate your input.
Others from your part of the world appear to shy away from these tractors because of trouble sourcing undercarriage and other parts, so you may be able to get a good deal. There is plenty of track gear still made, it's just a matter of finding a supplier. We have a couple here who import directly from Italy. Any track shop should be able to supply pins and bushes. I've just rebuilt the motor and transmission on the dozer version without too much drama. Although a little pricey, it was still way cheaper than scrapping it and buying another tractor. Cheers, Greg
After doing considerable internet searching today I believe I am going to pass on doing anything with the Fiat-Allis. Everything I have read is that parts are hard to come by. I am going to start looking for a Cat. track loader. For those at least parts used and new are available. Thanks for the response Queenslander.