Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis FR10B Transmission Leak

Nic Eppenbach ยท 2021-02-23 21:19

Recently bought a Fiat Allis FR10B. When I shift into gear, transmission oil poured out of the bottom of the bell housing. I pulled the engine and found that the flex plate and torque converter were damaged. I replaced the flex plate and torque converted and re-installed the engine assuming that was the problem. I restarted the engine and when I put it into gear, oil still pours out of the bell housing. Any ideas on what may be happening? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632021-02-23 21:26

    Did you replace the seal in the housing behind the convertor?

  2. #2Nic Eppenbach2021-02-23 21:34

    When I had it apart the thought crossed my mind but the seal appeared to be in good condition. I had a spare transmission on hand for parts and both seals appeared to be in the same condition.

  3. #3Vetech632021-02-23 21:39

    It should be a ZF transmission. Find the tag on the Dropbox, take a pic of it, then post it here.

  4. #4Nic Eppenbach2021-02-23 21:42

    Thank you. I will grab a picture tomorrow and post it.

  5. #5Vetech632021-02-23 21:46

    What kind of damage happened to the old convertor and flexplate?

  6. #6Nic Eppenbach2021-02-23 22:20
  7. #7Nic Eppenbach2021-02-23 22:21

    This is what it looked like when i pulled the motor. Not sure if any of it was damaged when the motor was pulled or not.

  8. #8Nic Eppenbach2021-02-24 09:06

    I have attached the transmission tag.