Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis FR20 Engine

dist3 ยท 2008-10-13 17:28

Anybody have any ideas for a replacement engine for Fiat Allis FR20 loader. I dont have model number off of engine yet but can get it. Trying to locate something in the northeast if possible.:usa

Replies9
  1. #1dirtpig2008-10-19 08:12

    If u can not find a F/A engine try a B or C cummins,an old 2 cycle detroit or a deere that has the right power and will fit into the location. Most use an SAE type of flywheel housing, some mods for the rest may be in order.

  2. #2Northart2008-10-19 16:40

    FR 20 Engine The FR 20 has an IVECO engine. Check out these folks for one. http://stephensequipment.com/enginekits.html ARSCO.com Minnpar.com

  3. #3surfer-joe2008-10-19 23:17

    I'd say jack up the radiator cap and drive a Cat under it, but you have probably already heard this so I'll just leave it alone cuz, you know, ah............

  4. #4elirock832008-10-20 12:46

    i don't know the size of the machine, but a cummins b or c would be the way i would go, both are fairly cheap to buy and rebuild and cummins dealers are every where, i couldn't even begin to tell you where to go for iveco parts

  5. #5dist32008-10-20 18:10

    Owner of machine contacted Stephens Equipment in PA. I talked to the owner this afternoon 10-20-08 and he said they had everything to get him going. Thanks for the replys everyone

  6. #6joe742008-11-01 11:51

    I am looking at a Fiat Allis 605-b. I can not find the operating weight of the machine. Any help with that or comments in general for the loader would be appreciated. Thanks Joe

  7. #7GEORGES2009-06-22 17:33

    Fr 20 has an iveco engine but you can put a cummins because i have seen an fr 20 with cummins engine.not current in europe...

  8. #8AirVaughn2011-06-28 15:42

    Dist3, Did you ever find your fr20 engine? I have one in Morgantown, WV totally rebuilt. Aaron 304.692.1692 cell or [email protected]

  9. #9dist32011-06-28 17:01

    AirVaughn, Owner got parts from Stephens Equip in PA. Thanks for the reply.