Hello all, Over the last few months, I've been obtaining photos of fiat allis HD-41's. Having never been able to see one in person,I'm forced to look at pictures. I don't have any pictures that I have taken and can't post any that I've been collecting. What I can do is talk about this beast. While this machine has a host of mixed feelings...both good and bad. I stand in awe at the shear size of the machine in reference to a person. This must have been a sight to behold and operate. I keep telling my wife ,if we ever and I mean ever hit the lotto,this machine will be mine. I think she thinks I'm kidding. Then again,winning the lotto has higher odds than getting hit by lighting. Might have to settle with First Gears model of it. I've operated all sorts of dozers,but nothing of this magnitude. I can only imagine what it must have been like. Have you operated this dozer and wish to share your story and perhaps photos of it ? I'd love to read your storys...both good and bad. Including final drive mishaps. Slagpot
go buy it. One of two things will happen. Either she will get over it or leave you.
What do you want to know about 41's I own the last one made #75s3764 there were 13 made in 1982 I own the last one it is currently working at building the worlds largest underground coal mine here in Illinois. Fiat-Allis merged from A-C in 1974 so the 41b started in 1974 and they only made 764 units the last ones were made in 1982. My tractor was sold from the factory in Springfield in 1985 and sent to a phosphate mine in Florida by rail cars. However it made its way back home to me and dropped off the train again at Peabody's#10 mine which still holds the record of largest underground coal mine until this new one surpasses it. (funny this large tractor and the largest coal mines)
Greg, If in fact my wife and I ever hit the lotto. The only thing would most likely be which one of us gets to play with it first. That would be me, I'm sure.
Correct me if I'm wrong and misread the above. An HD-41 underground ? I'd love to see pictures of that if you have some. I wonder if there is anyway to track some of the 764 units that might still be in operation ? Most pictures, I've come across are in europe and here in the states. It would be intresting to see just how many are still blowing black smoke. Thank you for the information !!!! Slagpot
I know where there are (4) 41's or some other really huge fiat allis setting, being dismantled for parts....
I know where there's one on the Missouri and Illinois border right off of I-55. It looks like it has been there a while too. Anyone interested I've got pictures.
Stumpjumper, these the ones?
ingals repair, dubois area?
Heck yeah,please post pictures !!!
There was on one Iron planet in Texas a week or two ago.Parts machine was mostly complete,dozer missing if remember right .:usa
This is the one I found: I took the pics with my phone so I didn't get a clear pic but I think the number is 99A02028, or 928 one of them.
Excellent pictures 95zIV,your cell phone rocks. Mine won't even do a job that well. What do you think it would take to get one of these dozers back up and operating ? Slagpot
Do you have to join ironplanet to see them ? Quess I should join,besides there must be more intersting machines on there too. Slagpot
Hd 41-b Pretty nice looking 41 for 41,000 :drinkup http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7081859
Missed the lotto again this week. Darn it's in Georgia too,well in low-boy range.
whats up with the blade looks way to small for the size of machine
Most likely ,had its blade made smaller so you didn't have to remove it for road transport.
Looks like the 41-B has the semi-U blade on it ,good for dirt & quarry work.In the pics that 95zIV posted ,it looks like a U-blade,great for pushing coal & loose material.Keep playing the lotto slagpot.
There used to be quite a few 41s & 41Bs working in the open cut coal mines here in Central Queensland, Australia. Some were fitted with giant Kelly single tyne rippers for ripping shallow seams of coal instead of blasting and others were set up for working on stockpiles. Spent some time doing rebuilds on them. Regards, John
I lived on a piece of property in Oregon where I worked on the property for the rent. My landlord brought an HD 41 home for me to run. That was the first cat I'd been on that size and she'd sure move some dirt! We were building a resvour on the property. He had an old dragline but it wouldn't make it big enough for him so he put me to work on that cat pushing material out of the bowl and layering it around the back side of the dam he'd already built. I had a blast on that thing.
Does anyone know what a fiat allis 41b with 4800 hrs on it would be worth?, it fired right up after sitting 4 yrs, first dozer i ever operated and now i want it!!!, but need to know what its worth thanks for any help
If you go on to machinerytrader.com they have one for sale with the details to give you an idea. Good luck.
If you want to go see some 41s in person there is a large antique equipment show every year in Carthage, SC. He has two of them there with side-booms for train wreck clean-up on them. The show is in the fall. Plan on spending a day as the fellow whom owns the land has over a thousand restored pieces and many more are brought in for the show. My old mind just can not remember the name of the show but I'm sure one can goggle and figure it out. Edit, Just realized that the OP posted this a long time ago.
In Russia still there are some copies of HD-41. The truth they already live the years.
Hello , found this HD 41 25 years ago in France , it is a push dozer , quite rare ! They just did some track repair . Have a nice day , johan7
Here is a 41A that has B series finals in it in Northeast, Texas. This is my wife's grandpa's. He has had it since the 80's.
The bulldozer not bad remained.
Nice dozer! Did he put both B series drives on right and left? I know the old one s usually got chewed up from too much power
$35000 , remember its #6 biggest in the world , also very rare and collector for antique now days.... few left in the world
I have a fiat hd41 , it has all the decals from fiat allis on it, but not a b model..... so which is it?
100 years of Progress is the name of the show the guy who put it on got killed in a accident but I believe the show is still going on