Hello all, As a retired operator & fan of heavy equipment. This bulldozer makes me want to be a kid again. I have however been searching the net for pictures of this dozer. I've found a few on this forum but would like more. Do you have any pictures of a HD-41 in your collection ? I swear if I ever hit the lotto,this machine will be in my collection {it will also be the first}. Patrick Beaufort,SC
I feel the same way slagpot.The Allis Chalmers HD-41 was an awesome machine.I understand it was introduced around 1970 and at the time was the largest production dozer in the world.Forum Member fiat41b has one and some nice pictures and information about the HD -41.I'll throw in a photo of a HD -16 B.My daughter standing in front of the blade thinks it's an HD-41.
We melted a few of those one week at a foundry i used to work at. the shame was they would push better then the dozer we had to push the slag pile
We still have both a HD 41 and an FD 50 that we use as back up tractors when ever one of the production tractors goes down or needs a service, thing is even though there over 30 year old they keep up and in some ways, out perform our new gear?, The 41 has a kelly ripper sst up and there is nothing like it for ripping ironstone, if they were st start selling them again today we would be buying them.