Hello, Anyone here know undercarriage convert option for a allis hd9 has 7inch pitch closest I've found is some cat d5 with 6.901 pitch and option for segments....calling all fiat allis people your help would be appreciated. Also I think the d5 measure to wide, I'm thinking if this guy has to go this route going have change rollers and all. Thanks Mike
Yes a lot of dry back end HD11s which are the same as HD9s; have been converted to D5 undercarriage, chains grousers rollers and sprockets, in New Zealand. As for sprockets, they cut the original off, and weld on a made up disc to take the D5 segments. Wet back end 11s are a bigger heavier machine and some people have done the same; others think 6.91 is too light as D6C/D which is same size as a 11ep/series B has 8 pitch chains. D6M 7.5 pitch may be a better way to go ????
More info available on the Allis forum: http://www.allischalmers.com Here's a few direct links: http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68153&KW=&title=coke-cat-bottom-allis-top http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68890&KW=&title=cat-bottom-allis-top ^Yes these links are different! The software just shortens the link! Andrew
Hell !! theres a fella in there looks just like me :drinkup
Thanks for the help and the links helped allot, looks like we're gonna go with modifications for caterpillar 953 undercarriage same number links just have to modify for rollers cause rail is a little wider, and then the segment deal. Tractor carries some sentimental value with the customer was grandpa's Dover. Mike
Thanks again much appreciated, Mike
That sounds like a plan Nelsonequip. I have converted two dozers over the years. First one we done the whole works, rails ,weld on sprocket, front idler, bottom rollers. It was a mid 1950's Allis HD 16. I put an International undercarriage on it as we had an old TD20 parts machine setting with a good bottom. Then few years ago I converted the 16-B over to Cat bottom rollers. My pads & rails were good but the rollers were shot. HeavyEquipmentForums Best of luck on the track conversion Nelsonequip.
Yup, there's a few of us with a tinge of orange in the blood that cross between the 2 forums! Andrew