Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis M65

Wes Jackson · 2019-07-13 08:15

I have an M65 diesel powered and have lost the plug out of the intake manifold, it is approx ! 1/4 in, does anyone have one laying around or have a part number for it,can't find it in my book

Replies6
  1. #1d9gdon2019-07-13 21:49

    Wes, it's just a 1/8" pipe plug available at your local hardware store. I use the brass kind. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=1.8"+npt+plug

  2. #2Wes Jackson2019-07-14 06:00

    This plug is a lot bigger than 1/8, it is between an 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, standard pipe plug will not work

  3. #3DIYDAVE2019-07-14 06:23

    I would think a standard rubber expandable plug would hold, under manifold vacuum... Like this, only you'll have to mike the ID, to order the right one... https://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Turn...37&hvtargid=aud-645589642778:pla-567295337507

  4. #4Wes Jackson2019-07-14 09:22

    Thanks, might be worth a try

  5. #5d9gdon2019-07-15 22:58

    I was thinking intake air tube where ether assist was plumbed. Parts book shows a 1/4" NPT hex head plug used in intake manifold and that's it. I see it on page 75 now. Its a 1 1/2" expansion plug. Not the intake manifold, its on the air intake housing. Part #70910014.

  6. #6Wes Jackson2019-07-16 06:08

    Thanks, got a rubber freeze plug that fit great