Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat-hitachi

IGSO-520 ยท 2017-04-14 20:24

hello I have a fiat hitachi fr160.2 that is in need of a joystick as you can imagine finding parts for this isn't going to be easy I was wondering if it would be possible to convert it from joystick to a twin stick block from tractior supply or if anyone has any ideas on how to get this thing working again that would be great thanks I've added pictures of what mine looks like and what I'd like to convert it too

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2017-04-15 03:11

    Commercial Intertech is part of Parker now, you may have some luck finding parts or a complete replacement joystick, may be obsolete and NLA though. I wouldn't even waste a minute looking at that kind of hydraulic control valve in the last picture, bad idea in my opinion. These joysticks are not rocket science, they take a pilot oil supply at maybe 500 psi and reduce to zero. When you move the stick the plungers regulate pressure through a range from a start point (probably 50 psi on this unit) up to one of several possible maximum pressures, maybe 100, 175, 250 psi, or? They sold different plunger capsules to match the control valves max pressure. Something like this could work, and if you need to change the pressure range I know you can still get the Capsule kits from Rexroth. http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...-HYD-JOYSTICK-STEERING-PILOT-VALVE-9-7739.axd

  2. #2cuttin edge2017-04-15 20:42

    We used to get parts for our fiat loader through New Holland. Ours was just Fiat, but it was identical to your machine. That lovely orange, small uncomfortable cab. My wrist aches thinking about that stiff joystick.

  3. #3lantraxco2017-04-16 06:20

    From what I've seen lately that ship and many others has sailed. With the reorganization of CNH et al, you can't even get New Holland parts from New Holland. Everything is discontinued.

  4. #4cuttin edge2017-04-16 11:38

    Really. A small business bought our Fiat. Hope he has no major issues. We got rid of any New Holland stuff we had except for 2 675s and a 95 and a 110 back hoe.

  5. #5IGSO-5202017-04-18 22:54

    I've got the joystick at the hydraulic shop gonna call them tomorrow see if they fixed it or have any options to replace it I guess I'll just have to find something that looks pretty close is there anything in need to know this is the the first time doing anything like this is there flow rates or something like that I have to find out The wheel loader does great it's got a 4 yard bucket and pushes it full no problem it's a beast so far I've found parts like seals for cylinders pretty easy and an oring for the transmission at a pool store haha