Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Hitachi

General Lee ยท 2019-09-14 14:14

Hi there, I'm after picking myself up a track machine as a winter project (not too sure which winter it will be finished though ). It's a non runner but im trying to get it going before I have to push it up on a low loader. The engine oil is milky but I have been told it was able to start (with difficulty) before it was parked 5/6 years ago. There is some solenoid valves missing in the battery compartment which I want to get before trying to start it. I have a feeling still with these installed that the hydraulic controls will not work as the wiring looks cat and the chance of the ECU still working right is slim to none. If I do get it started I'd there a way of Jerry rigging the hydraulics to get it shifted? Would rather not get a second machine in if I can avoid it. Thanks for any help received!

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2019-09-15 01:51

    Good day GL I suggest you try and get hold of a shop manual as it sounds as this project is going to require some intensive research, if you cannot find one try at least for wiring & hydraulic schematics - parts book - operators manual. If you have a specific issue I will try to help be good to know which Hitachi model we are talking. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2General Lee2019-09-15 03:22

    Thanks for the response Uffex, my opologies I thought I put the model info in. Its a fiat hitachi FH150. They have an iveco Alfo engine (model 8045) fitted. I tried posting up pictures of it but I may not have the post count to do so yet. It would be great if you could help. I would really appreciate it. I did purchase an old manual off of ebay yesterday also so that should be with me at the end of the week. I didn't see any electronic parts catalogue (EPC) for that specific model on the net however i did see some paid links for the EX models . Is their much of a difference between them and the EX model of the same era? I know they have different engines with hitachi electing to go with an isuzu power plant but was their more to it? Ie pumps, motors etc.? I know that in the hitachi ex120 some models had independent pumps for tracking. Is this the same with the fiat hitachi? What are the differences there? The solenoid valves missing are on the RHS of the batteries. There are 2 out of the 3 large ones missing. If the engine was started and power brought to them would they operate the boom etc. In order to get it shifted? Yes, it really needs a lot of work but I able and willing so why not!

  3. #3uffex2019-09-15 05:41

    Good day GL It looks as though this could be a long haul but fun, I will try to answer your questions and put some information together. If you could drop me a PM with your Email it may be easier to send some files. Keep smiling Uffex

  4. #4General Lee2020-02-27 13:02

    I made a few videos of it. Few more to go...

  5. #5General Lee2020-06-20 09:01

    Part 4 out now if your interested

  6. #6General Lee2020-08-12 15:37

    Part 5 is out now if you're interested