Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat-Hitachi FH220 LC

Pablo Pogost ยท 2016-05-16 08:18

Good morning fellows, Some years ago I bought what I thought it was an almost worn out Fiat-Hitachi for opening a quarry. After 9 years the machine is still giving its fight and I am trying to refurbish it new. My first problem is that I don't know exactly the manufacturing year, maybe someone can help me with this issue. There is a serial number outside the cabine 22H0063 M. . The second issue is when I start lowering the boom, I can't make smooth / controlled movement, the boom goes down too fast. The boom cilinder doesn't go down when the machine is stopped, so the seals are OK. They doesn't leak at all. I would really appreciate some help, best regards, Pablo

Replies2
  1. #1Pablo Pogost2016-05-20 08:04

    Hello there you all, Yesterday I finally found the uncontrolled boom's movement when going down. It was a faulty spool into the joystick's pilot valve. Now working on fixing that problem, maybe it was wrongly assembled when the mechanic replaced its internals. I came into account that the problem was the pilot valve, cause when reading the Fiat Hitachi owner manual (it is almost a Hidraulic engineering carrer!, so detailed!) it showed some graphics whith the curve of response to the joystick movement, and that was not happening! I swapped hose possition into the pilot valve and Hey presto! the boom going down so slowly you can pour milk into your coffee! best regards, Pabo

  2. #2Pablo Pogost2016-05-23 13:43

    This is how does the pilot valve works