Hi! New here. Need help in identifying which coil/solenoid vavle is which on the transmission control valve housing, coil id number from top to bottom. Thanks! Bruce
Hello. Did you ever find any information on the FiatAllis r12b loader. I e got one that just quit driveing all together an can’t find any electrical schematic nor information
Which type/brand of transmission is fitted? ZF 4WG120?
Honestly I have no clue of witch type of trains I have in our loader all I know is that there’s 4 solenoids stacked on the right side straight up an down. An my gear shifter is electronic an has 8 wires comeing outta it an 4 go to the relays an from there to the solenoids.!! Have called everywhere looking for tech service support an yet to find anything. Did down load a service manual but it only covers the shifter trouble shooting an ya have to have the dealers Lil black box that plugs into shifter. But don’t tell ya nuthin from shifter to relays to trains
Amy pictures of shifter and Transmission avaialble? Type plate of tranny is usually at bottom of housing close to output shaft. Manufacturing date known?
Thx for the literature on selonoids. An yes my shifter looks like ur pic. I have to figure out how the shifter interacts with the 2 relays an from there to the selonoids
I think I only have just four selonoids stacked on my trains tho
Hi Chris I could share some info of 4 solenoid control valve via email. Any pics of shifter and gear box available? Br Bigbert
The only information I have left is the readout on my mockup to test the old shifters the rest got lost in the move, but I can still repair and test them if it comes to that.
Hi guys, This is what I found in old Brochures . The picture recently shared is DW1 type from ZF. The diagram shows a 4 speed t/m with 4 solenoids. Hope this helps. Even in German. Br Bigbert
Thx. That’s what I needed. Just need to study it. Thx for ur time an help
Yes I found the tag on mine after it was pressure washed up. It has the 4wg-120 trains in it. Well got to doing pressure checks , come To find out I don’t have pump pressure on trains. Pulled suction tube out of it an hooked a rubber hose on end of it an put over in a bucket of oil an after starting it up I don’t feel any suction at end. My book says possibly that drive flea plate mite be busted, but I don’t think so cause my hyds still work Just want drive. Found very Lil metal debris in filter (seems normal) not sure how to check pump prior to pulling motor an converter out, or sure if can even still find parts for repair
Guess you checked pressure at least at port 65? No pressure at all? Then most likely pump is broken. With working hyds the engine converter drive is fine, t/m pump and hyd is driven with same shaft.
Yes sir that were main press. Is checked. Mine has a banjo bolt in it an a small line comes outta it an to a pressure switch. I removed switch an tied gauge into it an nuthin! We’re pulling the motor in the morning An gonna pull converter out an then pump. Hopefully we will be able to locate repair parts
Well we pulled the motor out today an pulled converter. Then pulled out pump. Sure nuff gears on pump shaft we’re busted. Any ideas were to find a pump an convertor
Any ZF dealer should be able to help you. Many different loader makes & models used the 4wg-120 transmission so with a little google investigation you might even find that Deere and a few others can help you.
Wow. Give it a shot Hope to find something. Thx
Might try Palmer Johnson for parts and info 800-341-4334
Thx for ur time an help
Hello again, thx for the picture of the fiatt r12b trains. Test ports diagrams, well I had to replace the trains. Pump due to shaft broken, well finally found one an installed it an got all back together an now when trying to drive I only have 3rd An 4th forward ,I’ve been going in circles with the wireing an relays. Any way I can talk to you over the phone at ur convenience. Thx
Hi Chris, are you sure M4 solenoid is fine? Else only 3rd and 4th gear available. Certainly we can talk on the phone. May I ask for your email address? Bigbert
I looked over the solenoid chart again that you sent me Months ago, well I found out that the parking brake handle (that’s missing) has 4 wires behind it, well the wires were cut into an when I tied two together it started back driveing in 1,2 gear but lost 3,4 tho, wander if I unhook wires an it goes back into 3,4. Basically several people had been butchering on the wireing harness here an there , I found a book online an looked over wireing an then tested for oil pressure, then replaced trains pump an now try to bugs out, My email is [email protected] Chris Allen. LaGrange Ga. thx for ur time an help here
Hello again, I spoke with ya maybe yr ago bout my fiatt r12 loader, you had helped me trouble shoot my trains. Issues back when I though I had electrical issues but then found out I had a bad trains pump, Well after replacing it back last winter it did good up till now, Well it is back given me fits driveing, I have to really rive up the motor maybe lil over qter throttle then it jumps back into gear, an if ya let the motor idle back down it quits pulling again till ya get the rpms up then it jumps back in gear hard. Was looking threw my book an it said to measure convertor press, It acts like maybe the convertor had done went out an takeing higher rpms to kick it in, But yet if convertor was bad wouldn’t hyds be affected too. But my hyds are working, Also seen possibly modulating valve behind silinoids? Any ideas before I get crazy an start snatching motor back out to get to convertor
Hi Chris, I'd rather assume it is a sticking main pressure valve. Loosing drive and hard jump back in gear strongly sounds like clutches disengaging and reengaging. How does port 65 pressure behave when getting off gas? Stays on 16 bar or drops? Port 65 pressure has to stay between 15 and 17 bar versus engine speed, converter inlet pressure between 5 and 11 bar versus engine speed, (might drop with load on turbine due to internal flows) Good luck
Had done had trains. Pump back out an made sure shaft wasn’t broke again, replaced converter seal an convertor blocking rings, an resealed pump to trains with the soft loc tite gasket compound, (hoping it seals pump to trains) then gonna sir motor back in tomorrow an start it up an hope to have trains press at port 65. Was shocking an depressing to of pulled motor out an trains pump to not find any issues like before when hadn’t any pump pressure.