Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Figure out what Model I have?

Robert_noll ยท 2019-06-28 11:46

Hey guys, This is Newb question Im helping a friend of mine out with a John Deere backhoe in which his father just gave him but we know nothing about it, Its a 4 cylinder deisel Hi/low 4 speed , all the numbers have been painted over and we don't know what models it is. I do have the engine numbers , its all we can find.SNM 53TW 023784T Im not sure if these numbers will help or not but any info would help. What stamp numbers should I look for? Thanks the Newb.

Replies3
  1. #1GregsHD2019-06-28 12:00

    Sounds like maybe a 310A, 310B or straight 410. The machine serial tag will be on the left side just above the front axle. Engine tag on right side of the block halfway up towards the rear. The tags are stamped so wont be too hard to clean up. Got any pics??

  2. #2Robert_noll2019-06-28 12:10

    This is the only picture that I have.

  3. #3GregsHD2019-06-28 12:34

    Looks to be a 400, late 60's.