Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Figured something out

RobVG ยท 2015-05-29 15:33

You guys probably know this but I learned the hard way. Had a truck this winter blowing air out a relay valve. Changed the valve. Air started blowing out the abs valve. Realized it must be a can leaking from the e side into the service side. I've heard of it but never came across one. Today had a truck blowing out the abs valve. Realized if I took the service line off and released the brakes- if the can was bad- it should be blowing out the service port. Sure enough, that's what happened. Bad can. For what it's worth.

Replies4
  1. #1ohiofleet2015-05-29 19:44

    ya I have seen it a lot I just pinch off the line to each chamber one at a time to see witch one it is

  2. #2Old Doug2015-05-29 19:57

    Last summer i did alot of work to a trailer that had a can leak inside. It was needed in a hurry and when i hooked a truck to it i was dumb struck for a minute, The older i get the more i realise how true the old saying is when the old mechanic told me that he had forgot more than i would ever know.

  3. #3grandpa2015-05-30 09:14

    Rob,,, its just a short matter of time to when you figure out something like you just did, you'll forget what you just figured out...lol. Good job .

  4. #4RobVG2015-06-03 00:27

    Thanks Gramps! Long time no see. Now I got a similar problem with the same truck. Leaking out the ABS valve when brakes are applied. Gonna have to sleep on it. Good to see you.