Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Figuring out hydraulic LPM for attaching hydraulic attachments

Camron2020 · 2024-04-18 14:49

Hey lads I got a 2013 John Deere 180g sn# SN1FF180GXVCD020165 I am looking at possible rock drill attachments and they need my litre per minute for the hydraulics. Is this something I can find out myself or do I need to get a mechanic to run a test on the hydraulics.. thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-04-19 00:39

    Spec for auxiliary function flow on a new Deere 180G is 190 litres / minute at 3000 psi (1 pump). A flow test would be required for accurate setup of the attachment.

  2. #2Camron20202024-04-19 06:37

    Alright so taking that number 190 litres a minute, they should be able to pick the attachment and then do a flow test after purchase right? It’s almost like they want me to do a flow test before I buy it… and after to set up the attachment

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-04-19 09:13

    In the Operator's manual there is a cycle time test for each function. If you are on the high end of spec on ALL the cycle times then I would say an initial flow test could be skipped.

  4. #4Pony2024-04-19 10:04

    I've just used the book values for lpm, auger drives usually have about a 50lpm window of acceptable flow rates.