Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Filter Crossover Challenge!

alaskaforby4 ยท 2012-04-15 00:02

I have a Sakai Compactor SV70D with some hydraulic filters on it that seem to be exempt! The filter is made by Capa the number is CP 270 I was able to make one crossover to a Baldwin filter that is a MTW7 Both seem to have been wiped off the face of parts lists. I found the dimensions of 272x112x1.5-16 but am unsure what to do with it? If anyone can shed some light on this quandary you will win a complimentary thumbs up! Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1alaskaforby42012-04-15 11:16

    Anyone?

  2. #2TimHay2012-04-15 11:33

    Baldwin has a great website you can cross all the numbers on my mechanic uses it often. Go to the E-catalog and you can pick cross reference, or off road and then the make and model of your machine Good luck

  3. #3alaskaforby42012-04-15 11:40

    I have come across this and it says Lube or Hydraulic, would it be possible they use the same oil and hyd filter? I guess I'll just spin on off and check the threads. Thanks

  4. #4TimHay2012-04-15 11:58

    Try a B236 it says that can be used as a hydraulic filter/lube. It is probly the same one you were talking about. That's what I would try

  5. #5alaskaforby42012-04-15 22:42

    So the Baldwin B236 crossed over to a Carquest 85820 and Napa 1820 which are all much smaller filters than the Hydraulic CP-270... Here is a picture of the mystery filter

  6. #6alaskaforby42012-04-17 11:42

    Guess I will just have to do my best on spec-ing it out.

  7. #7dporter2012-04-17 22:16

    https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/application/parts_detail.html?kiosk=false try this click engine & vehicle info it does list your make and model with two filters available. Don't know if they are the one your looking for.

  8. #8alaskaforby42012-04-18 00:11

    Yeah, they just list the oil filter and the fuel, nothing about the hydraulic filter. I took it off and the specs are Gasket OD 4.1 Gasket ID 3.7 Center hole ID 1.45 Metric thread pitch at 1.5 Total length is 10.5" so its quite a bit bigger than the oil, thanks for trying tho!

  9. #9Komatsu 1502012-04-18 05:29

    I ran into this with, I think it was a Dynapack, hydraulic filter. I tried really hard to find a cross with a number of different filter brands but no good. Had to buy it from the dealer for around $80.00.

  10. #10Nige2012-04-18 09:00

    Try these links ................it lists their SFH0270 as a direct replacement for Capa CP-270. They are apparently based in LA but may have a distributor nearer to you. http://www.surefilter.com/search/detail_print.php?sure_no=SFH0270 http://www.surefilter.com/content/view/15/29/

  11. #11excavator2013-12-17 13:52

    I'm curious if you ever found hydraulic filters for your machine?

  12. #12alaskaforby42013-12-18 00:47

    I eventually gave up and spent 163 bucks for primary and seconday from the dealer. Ouch