Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Final Drive.

JDMGrading ยท 2010-01-24 10:18

I recently purchased a IHI 35J from my friend, who had it for 2 months...So i had it repainted, and changed all the fluids. Well I was tracking along minding my own business and the left side final locked up. Soooo I was wondering where the cheapest finals drives can be found. IHI wants $5000, another little shop wants $2900, I was just looking for more references if anyone has some. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1nobull12010-01-24 11:45

    A guy with a Kubota mini had the same problem, price wise. Search Kubota final drive and I think you will find someone who is selling at a more reasonable price.

  2. #2KSSS2010-01-24 13:35

    I had always had good luck with IHI in Ky, on parts, although I never had anything that severe go wrong with my 35J. It was a great little excavator. You can probably get an entire 35J for 10K or under if you look. 5K for a final seems out of bounce to me.

  3. #3JDMGrading2010-01-25 10:24

    How were you able to purchase parts through IHI? I've tried numerous times, and yet they still tell me I have to go through a dealer. Ive never even seen a IHI dealership, come to think of it Neff Rental is the only one that I can go through around here. Man if only I could find one around $1800 id be set.

  4. #4KSSS2010-01-25 20:15

    I think the reason is there were no dealers around this area. I would call for what I need and they would next day the parts. Pretty painless. Also I came across a 35J parts book. If you need one PM me.

  5. #5finaldrive2010-02-20 13:02

    I have new ones on the shelf for the 35J and about 250 other excavators. I'll send you a PM.