Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Finally got my Zaxis

Eddiebackblade ยท 2009-03-22 17:07

Here are a few pics of the Hitachi Zaxis 160lc I have purchased. It is going to a very trusted friend on a contract for the local council clearing small trees and roots from a large area, hence I purchased the grapple. The grapple is manufactured by a long gone company called 'Hawkfork' who were pioneers of attachments with Hardox tines. This particular grapple must have the record for most expensive damage done ever, as it has been used extensively to crush Aircraft. I personally have dispatched 5 Phantom Jets, 2 Victor refuelling tankers, 3 Canberra bombers and a trio of VC10 troop carrier Aircraft. It has also munched anything from a 747 to Mig Fighters! As you can see it has survived pretty much unscathed and should give me good service. If you have followed the LGP excavator thread, you will know I intend to have the machine cut and fitted with 1200mm track pads. This is still my aim provided the machine proves reliable during this initial contract.

Replies4
  1. #1T_S_S2009-03-22 17:17

    Nice machine and that grapple sure does look tough! Goodluck. Good to hear you got work for it!

  2. #2cummins052009-03-22 21:40

    Nice little zaxis you got there

  3. #3Wolf2009-03-22 22:06

    Wow, an aeroplane killing machine. That is awesome m8. Use it well, I hope it continues on its path of destruction--it sounds like it will with the clearing job you have lined up for the council. Beautiful piece of kit there.

  4. #4case9030b2009-08-16 05:22

    Nice size machine a freind runs sumitumo 16s doing demolition there a good fit. Nice grab