Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Financing a skid steer/ ctl

Aceofspades ยท 2014-11-15 14:53

I've been searching the internet, but can't seem to find the answer to this question. I'm interested in financing a used compact track loader for about $25000. Probably want to put as little down as possible so that I can use my cash to pay for an older single axle dump truck and a trailer. My question is... Will a dealer be able to finance me based on my personal credit, (like I was buying a $25000 car)? or do i need a business with a couple of years of history. I'm sure with my credit score, and income to debt ratio I could get a car loan for that amount, is a small $ equipment loan any different? Bobcat dealer isn't open when I'm normally free, and I'd rather not walk in there just to find this out. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1clintm2014-11-15 18:47

    you may be able to get financed on a new one easier than a used one (go figure just like a car). you can do a rental purchase on a new one usually about 6 months max the rental payment will be about twice the normal payment but it will built equity fast the interest rate is normally a little more after a couple of months they will be begging you to roll it into a finance so they can get it off their books and you will be shure it's what you want as far as machine and business

  2. #2Jfarris2014-11-15 22:09

    Ive had good luck with Direct Capital in the past. They have a website you can go on to.