Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

finding discontinued tires for my JD410c

da'yoop ยท 2026-06-12 10:18

I'm having trouble finding a rear tire for my 410c. It's a 18.4 x 28 with an R4 tread. I bought one about 4yrs ago and I guess I should have bought two of them cuz now I can't find one anywhere. Pomp's does not have one anywhere and local shops can't get one. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find one? Thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-06-12 10:36

    Howd it end up with 28s in it? Probably should just find 24 inch wheels and normal size backhoe tires

  2. #2Tyler d4c2026-06-12 10:37

    Spec sheet for your 410c https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/products/backhoes/Backhoe-410C.pdf

  3. #3da'yoop2026-06-12 10:55

    No idea. Came that way when I bought it. It's a 1989 and it all looks original to me. Including the tires. I just replaced the fronts and I replaced one rear tire about 4 or 5 yrs ago.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2026-06-12 11:04

    https://www.tires-easy.com/18.4-28/alliance-tires/533-industrial-lug-r-4/tirecode/53342801 Fit the bill?

  5. #5da'yoop2026-06-12 11:08

    Ur a lifesave man! I KNEW this would be the place to look. I should have came here first and saved a couple hours of phone calls and research! thanks bud!

  6. #6Deere500a2026-06-12 11:15

    Was a common tractor tire. Metric 460/85/28

  7. #7Tyler d4c2026-06-12 11:16

    Have you ever found a good chart for the us/metric tire size interchanges?

  8. #8da'yoop2026-06-12 11:20

    no I have not

  9. #9Deere500a2026-06-12 12:52

    460/85r28 is cross refinance old 18.4 but obsolete not finding chart

  10. #10Welder Dave2026-06-14 16:09

    The odd tire size could have been an optional size not listed on the spec. sheet. I've seen this before. I worked at a golf course that had a Massey loader with wider than standard tires that weren't listed on the spec. sheet.