YouTube - Firegearmeeting.wmv
I see the point the brass is trying to make but in turn I see the other side of the spectrum also. I once was a volunteer firefighter for a fairly busy dept here. What should happen and never does is this. Instead of saying that they don't see why the fire dept doesn't need new bunker gear.The should be willing to don the gear,crawl around in burning building in pitch blackness with the only thing that stands in their way of saving their life is the gear. Then talk about the gear & the shape that its in or if they have any steam burns. If their were scared ? Sure moneys tight everywhere, but you can't start cutting fire & police. That would be a very bad thing. Just my humble opinion. Slagpot
The nice thing is in the USA, it is not optional, the employer must provide turnout gear for firefighters. That is fed. OSHA. With bullet proof vests for police officers there is a statistically small chance an officer will need it once in a career. Most of them are never actually used to stop a bullet. With turnout gear it is used on every call, and it would be impossible to provide good service on a structural fire without being injured without it.
Typical bureaucratic rubbish. Completely ignorant of the specific needs of individual occupations. What happens when the gear the firefighters have purchased is damaged doing their job? Do the pay to repair and or replace it? All those people should be given 10year old gear and told to walk into a burning building. Watch them pontificate in their pants.
Sorry old bean but I think the term you meant to use was Defecate,pontificate would be " to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner:" which is hardly what we would want these pompous incompetent politicians to do in their trousers........ but then the very well may pontificate in their trousers as the seem to defecate copious amounts of verbal diarrhoea out of their mouths............................
next thing you know people will let eachother's house burn down over a dispute over $75. Oh wait, that already happened. http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/tennessee/100610_fire-department-watches-house-burn
No, I chose that word intentionally. It was meant to be a play on words. I think you may be trying to be facetious.
frivolous
He would pontificate in his pants if his head is up his ss, now wouldn't he.
I love it!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
Re: Firefighters are rescuers extensively trained primarily to put out hazardous fires that threaten civilian populations and property, to rescue people from car incidents, collapsed and burning buildings and other such situations. The increasing complexity of modern industrialized life with an increase in the scale of hazards has created an increase in the skills needed in firefighting technology and a broadening of the firefighter-rescuer's remit. They sometimes provide emergency medical services. The fire service, or fire and rescue service also known in some countries as the fire brigade or fire department, are some of the emergency services.