Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First BH arrived 1971 Case 580B ck w/ extendahoe

tracing ยท 2018-07-16 22:08

Bought a running working heavily used 580b. Lots of stuff to fix on it but overall seems as i would have expected or better than after reading all the issues that can arise from this old model. 1- Has a working extendahoe, saw it work, I dont see how to do it, there is a small J shaped rod below the 5 controls that maybe I'm supposed to push in or out or twist then use one of the existing 5 controls ? 2- List, Exhaust manifold has been poorly repaired welded on the muffler outlet portion, leaks and looks terrible, will probably replace the manifolds. Radiator neck appears to have been crushed down slightly on one side, cap doesn't seal properly, might be able to straighten it / pull it back up ? Probably hit a tree branch with muffler and rad cap. Brakes are almost non existent, left works much better than right, bad enough I wont drive it anywhere thats not level. I will probably go ahead and replace the brakes. Seems to move back and forth well, in fourth it starts off real slow no accel but it works its way up, lots of nuise under the seat at higher speeds, I suspect the unit has thin oil in there instead of what is supposed to be in there ? At slower speeds there is no noise. Only seem to have one leaking hyd cylinder, bucket lift on left side shoots fluid out, so I may get a seal kit and take a stab at rebuilding a cylinder. Shoots fluid out right now. Its possible but not yet confirmed that there may be a crossing of coolant and oil in the engine, I need to flush both and refill and test. This sat for years unused. I added a gallon and a half coolant to it when it was delivered today. Fires right up no problem, hydraulic pump seems to work, I dug my first hole 4 feet deep it didn't hesitates and I don't think I had the engine revved way up. I want to get all the fluids and filters changed fix that one big leak and address the radiator cap then see how it works and what problems develop. Was listed at 6850 I got it for 4900 delivered, on the plus side its not a rusty bucket. I seen much worse looking for lot more money and it has extendahoe. Forward reverse on column, 4 speed on floor, diesel.

Replies0

No replies yet.