Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First machine Bobcat E80 – Need some counseling

Kaiser Jacob ยท 2024-02-02 07:08

Hey guys. Just joined the community. I recently bought an used Bobcat E80 excavator (2012) and noticed the throtle dial only increases trothle to a certain point (75% of the dial) and afther that, the dial makes no difference in engine speed. I imagine the previous owner (earthmoving medium company) did something to limit the engine speed so the operators don't work at full power all the time. Is there an easy way to setup the engine speed that they could've used to limit and I can undo it? Question 2: I've been reading the forum alot and people are talking about the engine rev controling the pump eficiency. Since i only understand about car engines and i'm just starting in the excavator maintenance, can someone explain to me the rev/pump thing? I imagine my excavator works only in fix rev. Is there newer models that have dynamix rev that i'm not aware? Any hints and tips will be apreciated.

Replies0

No replies yet.