Thought I'd share what I'm doing with my mini Tak. I know this is a pretty tame project compared to what you professionals get into but I'm having a gas.Check that,diesel The rear border of my lot is bordered by a bamboo forest.I cleared about 6' with a rental Gehl mini about 2 years ago. Now I want to replace the fence and need some working room and need to further clear things up and restore grade.It seems the bamboo raises the grade level as well as encroaching upon everything. And the palm tree is Not helping. ...So I was going to break some branches off of this dead tree,next thing I knew it fell over Which means I had to get it off the chain link fence.I got pieces off using the Tak but I had to go back today with a chainsaw and cut it apart.Of course this also meant I had to drag the thing out of there. Yep.That was one Dead tree. Dug out a couple pieces of root and filled the hole. And TaDa! No more tree.Oh what fun. Till the next time.:usa
Only question is - what are you going to do with the removed tree?? Could always dig a hole and bury it!! (another excuse to use the TB016!!!!)
I thought about cutting some firewood but we have "spare the air days" around here and burning is frowned upon. Since I don't have a fireplace or firepit (Hmm,a new project ) firewood would be useless anyway. The tree,and bamboo, are on a vacant lot which is becoming a problem. I contacted the owners about their bamboo becoming a problem for me and they replied "take as much bamboo as you want" so I am. I shove it into a pile on the far end of the 'forest'.This is where the tree went. Carry on. J.
The continuing bamboo saga... Thought I'd show some progress and history. This is how it all started.
...And the first cut with a rented Gehl 223.Very nice machine. Here's my friend Ralph giving things a go. You can see how high above the original grade the bamboo climbed in the second pict. To get the Gehl back there I had to clear some debris. And thats when I uncovered the Kittens. Playing with the Tak on a weed tree
Fast forward from 2007 to 2009 ...And here is the work in progress. WooHoo! We got Dirt! Moving along,getting it done. Getting there. I can tell now why an excavator is a digging machine and not a grading machine. Houston,we are ready (after painting & foundation drainage) for fencing. A pretty tame project compared to what I see you pros doing,but after some more of this I might be ready to tackle the foundation.
The supervisor. Shame on me for negecting to mention the supervisor . Till the next time. :usa
Is that the mom or the dad?:cool2
You should remove the rental company sticker to really make the machine yours!!!!
Agreed.Maybe I should get the heat gun out instead of waiting to eventually scrape the stickers off . Unsure actually,but I believe it's a younger sibling to the pair I uncovered. The black kitten has not been seen.The tortoise shell sighted only sporadically. Later.:usa
Just cover it with a sticker relevant to yourself e.g. Air borne excavations!!