Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First rate excavating in sioux falls

curly ยท 2008-08-21 19:33

I am looking at these guys and figured I'd ask here if anyone has heard or knows anything good or bad about them, thank you in advance!

Replies10
  1. #1backhoe12008-08-21 21:40

    Just down the road from me. What do you want to know?

  2. #2curly2008-08-22 06:55

    Well do they seem to maintain their equipment, busy folks and in general any info on them.

  3. #3backhoe12008-08-22 19:47

    They seem to be all over the place, cover a big area, lots of equipment, trucks etc. I've actually worked on some sites they were on and never have had any problems, seemed to be easy to get along with. don't know if that's what you were looking for or not.

  4. #4curly2008-08-22 21:19

    Well it's more than I've got! Unfortunately I didn't see any equipment in their yard while I was there. I did see the shop though and it seemed fairly clean, a marked departure from my current employer.

  5. #5dayexco2008-08-22 21:32

    i know first rate.....were i you, i'd worry more that you were worthy of working for them.....than them being so kind as to give you a job.

  6. #6backhoe12008-08-22 22:32

    listen to what Day says, he's been around ALOT longer than I.

  7. #7curly2008-08-22 22:33

    Care to explain? The more information I have the more I will know. And can either of you fine folks recommend a decent company in the area? Oh, anyone says M & R I'll find ya and whoop ya! I am trying to learn equipment other than wheel loaders and I know that won't happen where I'm at now, rather I'm looking for someplace to learn new skills.

  8. #8curly2008-08-26 07:02

    Wait a minute, am I reading this correct that you don't think I'm good enough to work for them?

  9. #9dayexco2008-08-26 08:37

    i didn't say that.....i know nothing about you. i do know that first rate has a very good reputation for their workmanship.

  10. #10curly2008-08-26 21:05

    Ah I see, jumped the gun a bit then! No worries though, after talking with them and filling out an application the 3rd guy I talked to figured out they don't need a loader operator right now (grrr). Well, back to bothering my boss for a blade to try out!