Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First round of testing goes well with CAT 289

Dr. W ยท 2010-11-23 22:29

Today, I got to put my 289 equip with CAT'S new triple idlers through its first round of proving! I should have some pics tomorrow. I had a great proving ground and was able to duplicate most of the scenarios that would remove a track. All went well and being cautiously optionistic! The debris kit is working great and is recommend! The snorkle is extending the life of the the cabin filter and the new seals are keeping the big pieces out!

Replies3
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2010-11-28 20:32

    Are you sure you're not going along the lines of "if I shut my eyes hard enough I won't see all the problems with the machine"? I'm just checking... but if you've had derailments, big pieces going in the machine... are these fixes going to really solve the issue?

  2. #2KSSS2010-11-28 21:01

    Hopefully CAT has figured it out.

  3. #3LanceNE2010-12-01 19:43

    Thanks for posting pics...... How is the testing going?