Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First time for everything

DPete ยท 2014-07-18 18:42

Got paid for waste oil today, used to have to pay for pickup, then it was free, today I got $40 for 200 gals picked up at my shop Not exactly a money making deal but I'll take it.

Replies4
  1. #1Mike L2014-07-18 18:57

    what are they using it for? back in maine guys would buy it and use it in a waste oil furnace to heat their shops.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-07-18 19:19

    Back in the late eighties it was cyclical, you never knew if you needed a check or a deposit slip when they came for the waste oil, sometimes it was just free removal. The outfit we had picking up hauled to a re-refiner, they made cheap motor oil, and sold lots of gallon jugs of bar oil for chainsaws, maybe even got some diesel out of it I am not sure.

  3. #3ddigger2014-07-18 19:39

    Its a start!

  4. #4Water Doc2014-07-19 18:02

    Shops I worked at have been selling it for years. One place even had the idea of putting up a sign on the front of the building that said "bring us your used oil and we will depose of it for FREE" They would have charged for it if they could have im sure., We also crushed our oil filters and are allowed to sell them for scrap metal as long as they have been flattened.