I have a '02 rollback with a FS-5052A and 4th gear is out, the truck has a 3126 so it's a little underpowered anyways and my question is..... What else is a direct bolt up tranny with more gears? I was hoping for a 7spd, what trans do I need ? Pj
I think that an ES56-7B (direct) or an or an ESO66-7B (over) Spicer will fit. I just rebuilt one out of an IH and the owner has a FL-60 with one also. I don't know if it would be a direct drop in but a good truck salvage yard should know. I do know one thing, the shift gate on the 7 speed is so close that it is easy to miss a gear.
There is a guy called Junkmandan, not sure if he is on this forum or the other diesel truck forum, that will know the answer to this question right away.