Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flail mower blades

Mobilewrench ยท 2023-08-23 22:02

I have three customers using flail mowers. The brands are brush hog, US mowers and... I forget. But the blades are all the same.

Replies10
  1. #1Mobilewrench2023-08-23 22:10

    The bolt hole is 1". The last time I purchased replacements I was shocked to pay $30 a piece. Even more shocked because I was pretty dismayed to pay $20 a piece 2 months ago. Anyone have a reasonable source for these? Also, the bottom blade in the picture (the straight blade) used to be available in a blunt version. I kind of think that the blunt version was pretty effective at protecting the cutting (J blades) against rock strikes.

  2. #2Mobilewrench2023-08-23 22:10

    I think, maybe rock hound was the other brand.

  3. #3Mobilewrench2023-08-23 22:12

    I have tried searching for them, but the length and hole diameter just don't match up.

  4. #4Mobilewrench2023-08-29 21:39

    Bump

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-10-24 03:39

    I can't remember the name but there is a place that supplies aftermarket blades for most flail mowers.

  6. #6RTSmith2023-10-27 14:34

    Maybe too late- but Rowmec Eqpt in Texas always gets mentioned in a FB group for mulching guys.

  7. #7Tones2023-10-27 18:37

    Try ASP, they are a Aussie outfit who sell a good product an I can recommend. The blades they sell are Spanish made from Boron steel. I just threw out their catalogue a few days ago as I have no further use for it. I ran their Y blades with the straight centre, about $30 a set IIRC, the spacer washers were extra.https://asproductsadv.webninjashops.com/

  8. #8Mobilewrench2023-10-27 20:46

    Never too late, I am glad Welder Dave resurrected the thread. My clients are never going to stop needing the blades. I will check these companies out, thanks guys.

  9. #9GManBart2023-11-06 11:42

    I've only bought blades for my flail once, but went with Flail-Master as they were the name that kept coming up on the tractor forums. They seem to have a lot of options listed. fm

  10. #10Welder Dave2023-11-06 13:17

    Flail Master might be who I was thinking of.