Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flat Face Couplers

CANNONMAN1 ยท 2010-06-10 10:30

What is the advantage of Flat Face Couplers over the old style. I see everything has FFC's now. Everything I own has the old style, just wondering if I should switch as needed to the FFC? Are they easier to hook and unhook or what? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1RobVG2010-06-10 12:22

    If they work for you, don't change over. It's would be an unneccesay expense. I don't like 'em- harder to get apart and some of them leak.

  2. #2spitzair2010-06-10 14:56

    You can get an adapter coupler to go from the old style to flush face couplers... I think you can get them at your local skid steer dealers or favorite hydraulic shop.

  3. #3brokentractor2010-06-10 15:12

    If you rent skid steer attachments it is worth changing over, but personaly I hate the ffc they leak and are hard to hook and unhook.

  4. #4lgammon2010-06-10 22:31

    they are easyer to keep clean. you cab whip the face off and it is clean of dust that you don't won't in you hydro oil

  5. #5Monte12552010-06-10 23:16

    personally I hate the darn things, but each to his own. I think the idea behind them was an increase in flow through the coupler but aside from that I see no real big advantage.