How hard or easy is it to flip a loader when stockpiling/pushing up or driving up a pile of C&D debris?(rear wheels stay on solid ground) I know with a heavy load raised bucket and uneven ground or going full turn can tip it We use Volvo 120's & 220's , cat 980m all with solid rubber
Well, you might have to experiment, its going to hinge on how much counterweight you have. A light counterweight will limit how much you can fill the bucket, and won't want to pull the machine over backwards. I did minor stockpiling and opted to go with a couple benches versus trying to climb a mountain. If you're indeed keeping the rear wheels on the ground, the departure angle will limit how high you can get the bucket and you will have a hard time trying to go over backwards. Surprisingly you don't gain a lot of height that way even with the front wheels 6 feet above the rear you'll mostly end up pouring stuff on the front of the machine.
Trojan Loader It can and will happen when you last expect it. This happened when stock piling and the bank gave way just as the bucket was being tipped. Rode it during the roll, no thoughts of bailing out.
That looks easy enough to fix, grease your driveshaft bearings while you're there!
If the loader is just slightly off straight it usually limits the damage done when it rolls. Getting it back on its feet again is another story ........
Well thankfully we are on concrete. But even still. My foot slipped off the brake once while I had the front wheels off the ground and suddenly jolted up the pile and started teetering with the ass hitting the floor, all because one of the wheels wasn't in contact and a slight turn. It'll make you clinch up your bum that's for sure lol Ever since I've always wondered how close I was to flipping over sideways, or if I wasnt even close at all and if it was in my mind
That is a remarkable pic, Nige. It doesn't look like the loader was damaged. So bouncing it back right-side-up would have been a much bigger smash and crash. Did you tip it on to a pile of dirt?