Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flu-419 see: i bought one , but dont know anything about them. any advice or opinions

TrashyTodd ยท 2016-05-13 00:15

i would like to hear all problems, drawbacks, & opinions good or for sure bad on the army flu 419 see truck/backhoe & any info on what tools & implements are worth trying to use for what jobs & where to look for extras i

Replies5
  1. #1Scrub Puller2016-05-13 01:32

    Yair . . . Dunno mate, I believe the Aussie army trialled them and the consensus was they were neither your arse nor your elbow. I could not see them being very efficient in a civilian application. The basic Unimog carrier is a real good goer in deep mud and sand. Cheers.

  2. #2ScottAR2016-05-13 23:25

    The truck is Unimog, the backhoe Case, and I dunno who built the loader. The backhoe is the same as they put on the 580B, C, D, and E if I remember. 'Mog stuff is usually handled by Freightliner in the USA but some stuff may also be had at Case as they sold them for a bit in the early 80's.

  3. #3NH575E2016-05-15 09:13

    Did a search on You Tube and found several videos with these. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=FLU419

  4. #4digger242j2016-05-15 10:38

    I saw one on display at an airshow or some such occasion, a number of years ago, and if I recall correctly, the loader was a Deere.

  5. #5mitch5042016-05-15 13:46

    The loader is built by Schmidt Engineering, it's their model FL-4