Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fluid, and lubricant, additives question………???

JDDozerman ยท 2012-12-20 22:01

Hello all, DANG we got some wicked NASTY weather here today!!! Anyhow, I'm getting ready to change out ALL of the fluids in my newly acquired Fiat Allis 14C, and I wanted to see if there are any GOOD "additives", that you all have used, that might be worth me putting in??? It has 3200 hours on it, and I don't want to add anything that might have any adverse affects on seals, or anything, but IF there are any "tried and true" additives, you all know of, that might help extend the life of my machine, i.e. engine life, transmission, steering, clutches, finals, etc., I would not be apposed to using them. Also, if anyone of you that owns, or has owned, a 14C, have any "tips", on specific brands of oil, etc., that work best for it, and for all the different "components", that you care to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm trying to read through all the manuals as quickly as possible, and unless there is some reason not to, I'm going to stick with the "recommended" lubricants that the manuals call for, but since there have been a LOT of changes in "lubricants", and "additives", since 1986, I figured I would ask for any input you all might have. Thanks in advance for your time and expertise, as always, I really appreciate it! Hope everyone is staying warm, and safe! JD Dozerman

Replies2
  1. #1blitz1382012-12-21 22:10

    JD, your old dozer is going to be very forgiving on what lubricants you put in it. Lubes have come a long way as have modern machines. The upgraded/updated lubes for your machine are......... For Trans use a TO-4 30 weight, Hydraulics TO-4 10 w ( i think you could probably use any antiwear but spec is TO-4) Master clutch heavy duty 10w-30. Finals use a hypoid GL-5 80w-90 As long as its a decent brand Chevron, Mobil, Shell, or of course BELRAY it will work great.

  2. #2JDDozerman2012-12-22 16:55

    Hey thank you kindly blitz138, I really appreciate all the great info, I know there have been a LOT of changes over the years, and I'm not adverse to adding an "additive", IF I know others who have actually used it and had success! I know of a few additives for cars, and trucks, that I personally know work great, but I don't have any knowledge about heavy equipment additives, so I figured I would ask all you experts. I've checked out part of your website "Belray.com", and am going to do some more reading, if you could steer me towards which "items" you think could be of benefit to me, that would really help, and I would appreciate it very much! Thanks again, and I hope you have a GREAT Holiday Season!!! JD Dozerman