We have a Godwin cdm150 6" pump with 4045 Deere engine and the guys went to job this morn and it had sprung a leak and was spraying water on air intake and ducked a bunch in engine and was still running when they got there! Does anybody have a good product to put in engine oil to flush all the junk out? We had another one of these that got clear under way actually was maybe this one and took it to dealer and they cleaned it up and it run for couple years before rebuilding it. Here is some of oil I drained out of it!! Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I just wash them out with some diesel. I did a whole bunch of engines that went under during our terrible floods last year.
I just change the oil a couple of times. If it runs well loaded it will get hot enough to boil out any remaining water.
You can use a good grade of 46 grade hyd oil as this a detergent type of oil mix it 50/50 with good clean engine oil run till warm drain out may need a few turns and refill with correct oil and change any filters. Look at any hydraulic leak on a dirty machine and the area is as good as new and shinny paint . This method is good to clean the in board brakes on the JCB back hoe when they get the horrible noise just as the machine comes to a stop almost shudders, i worked for a JCB dealer for many years and the factory told us that the technical term was called end grunt and by putting hyd oil in the axle and running it around and using the brakes this cleans the friction and counter brake plates and problem solved.
I sure would not do that! Even anti wear hydraulic oil does not have the lubricating properties of engine oil. Just change the oil, run it up to temp, change oil again.
water is easy to get out, antifreeze is a mess. Some cheap 15W40 and a couple of filters should do it. Drain the sump, refill with diesel, do not start the engine. one day dwell, drain, clean filter, refill with cheap oil, run with low load a good few hours, drain, refilll, filter and good. Howard
Years ago I started the skidder one summer morning and then shut it back down in about 2 minutes as I had forgot to check oil. It never used much. The oil was pure white and testing revealed that some a**hole had poured paint in the engine. We drained it and on the advice of the local dealer we mixed diesel fuel and oil at a 4 to one ratio, the #2 being the 4. We idled it for 1 minute the first time and drained again. Did it two more times at two mintes of idle and then filled with 100% oil. Never when off idle when flushing. Ran that engine for many more years. Of course it was a Detroit.
we had one of those blow a compressor head gasket awhile back I let drain over the weekend, changed oil and filter . and filled water truck up a few times slowly low speed (let it run long enough to get hot) and changed oil a couple more times and has been fine ever since
Thanks for the replies guys was planning on just changing oil several times I would have to talk to him to find out but one of my old co-workers put something in the tractor he was driving at the time that was supposed to clean all the junk out of it and I didn't know if that would be a good idea or not. Flushing out oil pan with diesel fuel sounds like a good one as when I tried to drain oil on Friday it wouldn't hardly drain so was thinking if could get some runnier liquid in there would help clean it up but not run it with it in there! Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
when I worked for truck dealer I would get a series 60 detroit on occasion that came in of the road with low oil pressure alarm coming on due to fuel dilution from a leaking injector, drained 20 gallons or so usually out the oil pan 50% fuel at least , we always checked a rod and a main and none of the ones I witnessed or worked on ever looked bad .
Sounds like sludge... What I would do is see what drains out. Fill the crankcase with diesel or kerosene and let sit, overnight is good, drain, and repeat until the drain material is pretty clean. Now refill with cheap 15W40 diesel rated oil (TSC brand anyone?) and idle. Check the oil color every 15 minutes or so. You do NOT want to clog an oil passage with sludge. And here is my old school skills kicking in...add a quart or so of Marvel Mystery Oil. It has some good solvents in it, like Toulene (and most likely Benzene, but we can't talk about Benzene since there is a special OSHA standard on Benzene exposure). Now, see if THAT turns the oil black. However, if the oil pan is accessible, I would pull that off and clean the pan and oil pickup. Better to spend a few hours doing that than destroy a crank shaft. Howard
have to pull the engine to take pan off on those pumps if its a trailer mounted unit like mine are , it was running when he got to it so the water thickened oil is already in the oil passages .
If the sludge is so bad it won't drain, use a hot water hose to flush it out. I wonder if there's a sewer jetting head that fit's through a drain plug? Assuming you have a way to get rid of the water (catch it and let it settle in a barrel so you can drain off the water at least). THEN, diesel (repeat with the same settled diesel until you don't get any more junk, then use a clean 5 gallons). Then, cheap oil with MMO, trans fluid, etc.