Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flushing Hydraulic Fluid from Attachment?

thesanchez ยท 2024-11-11 01:52

I've got a mower that I used on a Kubota SVL unit, that I now want to use on a Cat unit. I understand the hydraulic specs are quite a bit different and someone warned me against cross contaminating them. Is that really a concern? If so, how should I flush the fluid out?

Replies7
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-11-11 22:00

    If you have a compressor you could blow the lines out. If it's real big concern pour some Cat oil through it and then drain it.

  2. #2pumkinhead2024-11-12 06:21

    i would probably just toss the return line from the mower into a bucket and run it for a second

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-11-12 14:45

    That would work but you'd have to take the quick coupler off and know which line is the pressure line you want to engage.

  4. #4thesanchez2024-11-18 12:30

    50/50 shot!

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-11-18 21:42

    The wrong way deadheads the hyd. pump. I wouldn't take a 50/50 shot on damaging the pump.

  6. #6thesanchez2024-11-18 21:50

    Is that any different than opening the aux valve when no attachment is connected to the machine?

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-11-18 21:57

    Same idea. Would be better to know which line is open when you turn the aux. to each direction.