Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flushing hydrolic system 416 backhoe cat

Marge ยท 2016-10-02 07:42

Is there any special needs for the hydrolic pump? How to drain and how to refill.was able to purge the water/oil out of lines,drained rezivoir.

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2016-10-02 12:12

    No special needs for the pump other than keeping the hydraulic reservoir full at all times. Did you change the hydraulic system filter ? Glad to hear you were able to get rid of the contaminated oil.

  2. #2Marge2016-10-02 22:21

    There are two filters that are in hydrolic system, yes changed those. I'm concerned about air in system. I haven't started it up yet. Want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. Plan to run a bit and change fluid again if there is still sign of contamination.

  3. #3Tinkerer2016-10-03 07:19

    Air in the system should not be a problem. Just keep the reservoir full. Don't confuse the appearance of tiny air bubbles in oil the for water.