Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fly by nighters!

Lashlander ยท 2007-05-26 00:56

Got home from work tonight, cleaned up and settled in. Then got a call from one of the boom truck companies. They rolled their truck and needed our crane to upright it. I went down but knew when I got there I didn't have the capacity with our Rough terrainer to do it. I did get it up enough to save the skiff. The tide almost had it swamped. Their going to have to cut the boom off and roll it up with the a loader. They have buckled the boom on this crane twice and I uprighted their old boom truck a few years ago. This may be the end of the line. No one got hurt thankfully!

Replies6
  1. #1garyhh442007-05-26 01:10

    A bad day fory some one thanks for the picks:usa

  2. #2Ford LT-90002007-05-26 01:19

    With our rules down here in B.C. pitman cranes have so many limit switches on them now that is prevents operators from booming out or booming down with loads that exceed the capacity. From the pictures it looks like the main outrigger on the passenger side of the truck was sitting on unstable material. And a operator that wasn't paying attention to the warning signs that the truck is going to flip.

  3. #3digger242j2007-05-26 05:40

    Slow learners? :cool2

  4. #4Countryboy2007-05-27 19:45

    And the contractors here at the quarry always looks at me all stupid when I say "Stay out from under the load"........:nono I tell those same contractors you can have the thickest rigging you want but if the ground can't support the load then your in trouble. Some people never learn. :beatsme Great pics Lash. :drinkup

  5. #5MKTEF2007-05-29 16:27

    Impressive pictures Lashlander.:notworthy Both theese and the ones from your projects. It's a shame that people don't learn from their own and others foults. I dont see any reinforcement plates under the crane either. I've got a licence for craining, and never lift anything without a reinforcement under the cranelegs. You never now what's under the ground you are standing on. People has turned over cranes because there was a pipe burried under the leg. You swing the weight over that leg, and the ground colapses. So we buy premade ones, plastic type, or make our own out of wood. 2 by 4 in 2 layers, with handles out of a old secuiring strap. And in different sizes compared to the size of the crane. Big crane= big and thick reinforcement.

  6. #6thejdman042007-07-28 21:58

    great pics glad no one was hurt