Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Foot aux. to joystick conversion pilot valve

qkoop · 2023-06-10 14:25

I know there are some great hydraulic minds on here.I’m looking to switch over an SY 35, foot controlled thumb to joystick operated. Ideally, I would love to go with a proportional valve, but trying to find the setup at a reasonable price seems tough. there was another thread on here, where somebody was doing the same thing on a different machine. But there’s no links for needed parts. If I can’t go proportional, I would at least like to find and use the subber orfices that goes in between the selinoid valve and main valve pilot lines. I found a closed centre valve that would work and it ended up being 24 V. Anyways, I’m looking for suggestions and options and links to where I can buy the parts. Also, this machine has Din hydraulic fittings. Having a hard time sourcing metric din to ORB. Open to all and any suggestions. Tia

Replies12
  1. #1uffex2023-06-10 16:08

    Good day Have you considered using the proportional control levers you have, simply switching by a button between what you have and thumb. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2023-06-10 16:16

    This may help explain. Much more on the website go library>adapted apps a lot of thumb control information. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3qkoop2023-06-10 18:42

    Thanks, Uffex. I never thought of using a joystick with A flow diverter valve. What a great idea. But for this application, I’m just trying to move the manual foot pedal control to the joystick buttons.I just find it awkward to have a foot controlled Auxiliary , or thumb. To do that I’ll need a three position closed Center spool. With 2 electric selinoids. I saw on another post in here. They call it a D03 valve. Here’s a picture of what’s in the machine right now. I think I can use the buttons that are already there on the joystick to run electric relays. I also saw some thing about having to put a diode in as to not get feedback to the electronics on the machine? Don’t fully understand that part. Here’s a picture of what the machine currently has.

  4. #4uffex2023-06-11 03:20

    Good day Those photo,s are great hope you dont mind I file those. Back to your situation I assume all you are using the thumb for is to grasp objects in much the same way as a grab. Another easy alternative is to simply plumb the foot control close into the bucket crowd line. By pressing a button you could have grasp control. Going down the electronic solution with scroll buttons is not going to be so easy and cost more. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5KSSS2023-06-11 18:45

    I know it may not be what your used to, but it is really just a muscle memory thing. I had a mini ex that had that had a foot peddle for the thumb (IHI 35J). I had a time getting used to using the buttons for the thumb. I prefer the hand operated functioning but its not the end of world using your foot.

  6. #6amh2024-12-15 22:28

    Hi did you end up changing to hand controls?

  7. #7qkoop2024-12-16 09:46

    Yup. I sure did.

  8. #8pc452025-10-02 18:10

    first time on here. may I ask what your final process was?

  9. #9FWD2025-10-02 22:35

    I have a Kubota mini with hamd control thumb and a Hitachi ZX160-5 with a foot control thumb. Work either one with no problems, once in awhile on the Kubota I am wanting to control the thumb with my right foot, but nothing is there. LOL

  10. #10pc452025-10-08 12:18

    I would like to do the same. How did you do it?

  11. #11pc452025-10-08 12:21

    I just purchased an old PC45 for personal use around my house. I would like to covert the foot pedal thumb to a joy stick thumb control. How is it done?

  12. #12KickerM2026-03-10 11:21

    Intertrested in figuring this out, I've got a Cat 307C that I would like to convert