And those who did, but not completely... I wish I could better express my gratitude for those who have fought the good fight!
Thank you, my son S01 (SEAL) Jesse Daryl Pittman was killed August 06, 2011 along with 16 other SEALS and 14 other Americans, Bart their Dog and 8 Afghans. Extortion 17. Helicopter was shot down.
I am just a few minutes from Lincoln cemetery. The first time my wife and I roamed the ground, we were so humbled by how many crosses and stars. You get so desensitized to faceless names and numbers on the news. Seeing the volume of the markers , it makes you feel, it's hard to explain. But you feel small, insignificant. I love my country, I respect the men and women who protect this great nation. I am one of the protected, I can't thank these kids enough or those who came before. When I see the guard watching over the tomb of the unknown soldier, the care and respect these young people show to the remains coming home, I am touched and filled with hope. I mean, I'm a little touched anyway. This is so much more than a 3 day weekend or a day for bbq. I don't know, kinda rambling, but thank you all who've made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom I and my family enjoy. It can never be repaid.
There aren't words to convey my sorrow for your loss.
my deepest condolences to you and your family.