Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Forage harvesting -Alfalfa

colson04 ยท 2017-06-24 15:03

I just like to share pics. We're chopping alfalfa today, about 100 acres ready. We've got 400 acres of alfalfa and we will chop it 5 times during the growing season. First cutting was during the 3rd week of May, then every 28 days after that. Our mower:

Replies8
  1. #1colson042017-06-27 18:32

    Couple more from today

  2. #2hvy 1ton2017-06-27 19:24

    Oooo Triple mower, fancy.

  3. #3Tinkerer2017-06-27 19:30

    What is the model number of the John Deere chopping the hay ? I have never seen one like it.

  4. #4Junkyard2017-06-27 19:57

    I remember when the neighbor put up some silage that was a little green. Talk about stench! If the wind was out of the south I couldn't stand to be in my house!! We sure didn't have anything that nice!

  5. #5colson042017-06-28 07:18

    The harvestor is a John Deere 7850. The triple mower rig takes a 30 ft swath, cuts , conditions and lays it out nearly full width to speed curing time. Typically, we can cut in the morning, and then merge and chop by mid to late day. We're heading out to finish this morning with the dew on it. That mower does such a good job that one parcel dried too much.

  6. #6colson042017-06-28 07:32
  7. #7colson042017-06-28 08:37
  8. #8cubanator2017-07-08 12:31

    Very nice, thanks for the pics!