Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 1000 Inj. Pump

thepumpguysc · 2022-07-08 19:52

Howdy folks.. I’m looking for a 2 cyl Kiki injection pump.. Lots of people resurrecting older machines, the only problem is, the parts are no longer available.. So if anyone has 1 or has a lead on 1, please contact me.. Thanks, TPG

Replies17
  1. #11693TA2022-07-08 20:53

    I use mine near daily. I know a guy in MO that was parting one out last year and will check with him for anything left.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2022-07-08 21:03

    Thank u..

  3. #31693TA2022-07-08 22:24

    Calibrating the "Liquid Lawnmower" just yesterday at the shop:

  4. #4thepumpguysc2022-07-08 23:45

    U do know U have to add oil.??

  5. #51693TA2022-07-09 07:06

    Yes to the oil. The sprayer is new and I was discerning application/flow rating of the spray bar/nozzles using water only. About 1.1gpm at 1200 engine rpm with a pressure setting of 40psig. Now I need to mark off distance and set travel speed for the targeted application rate. A 20" nozzle height gives good overlap and pretty even coverage. The chemical I use includes surfactant but in the past I've used diesel fuel with great success. I have several roadways and such to get into shape both this and next year on into the future so upsizing in capability. This is my first tractor mounted sprayer and it seems to work very well. No "plug" intended but I went with "Demco" brand as they offer great support. The little Ford 1000 tractor, (Hercules) has been with me since 1997 and done a lot of work over the years. He's been my main mower for 21 of those years but recently retired from that duty. I sent an email asking about the pump but haven't received a response yet.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2022-07-09 07:28

    Thank you very much..

  7. #71693TA2022-07-10 08:26

    No go on the injection pump. He sold the engine with the pump installed but is going to follow up with the purchaser to see if the pump on the original engine can be had. I'll keep you apprised of what I find out.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2022-07-10 08:36

    Thanks

  9. #9thepumpguysc2022-07-10 08:43

    This will be the 2nd pump I’ve bought for parts this month.!! I can understand the Ford being obsolete but I have a NewHolland here that needs a pump housing and the Delphi factory doesn’t even have 1.!!! I just turned down a job one of the members has.. The parts are SO EXPENSIVE and hard to come by, that I turned it down.. this is getting BAD.. I’ll bet the big fuel shops are loving it.. they get to jack their prices sky-hi..

  10. #101693TA2022-07-10 08:46

    I had mine rebuilt in 2001 while building my shop and it was $630.00 then. Area Diesel in Carlinville, IL did that work and it's been fine since but I don't run bio diesel in the tractors and add Howe's to the fuel. They told me at that time parts were getting hard to source for a lot of the mechanical pump especially AMBAC, and Diesel-Kiki.

  11. #111693TA2022-07-10 08:52

    I sent 16 P&B's down to Mexico to have rebuilt last year and they did a seemingly good job. These are spares for me as I have several Mack V8 engines and they are dinosaurs to get any parts for. I have one "master" kit to rebuild the 8VBB pump, but P&B's were long extinct so had extras rebuilt. I'd like to know if Spaco produces a kit for this style of the 6BB series of pump for Mack engines?

  12. #12mitch5042022-07-10 14:50

    Did you try Jimmy Helms in Bishopville, SC?

  13. #13thepumpguysc2022-07-10 18:29

    Never heard ofm.. thanks

  14. #14Tyler d4c2022-07-10 19:22

    Weavers compact tractor may have something

  15. #15Tinkerer2022-07-10 19:24

    Looks like Jimmy Helms is a go to guy for Ford parts. ----------> https://www.helmsequipmentsc.com/

  16. #16thepumpguysc2022-07-10 19:33

    Thanks tyler.. Thanks tinkerer.. With a tractor that old, One HUGE obstacle I have is, there’s no way to tell if the P&b’s are good, w/o tearing it down.. UNLESS the seller give a warranty..

  17. #171693TA2022-07-11 08:14

    No go on the injection pump availability. The engine was scrapped shortly after the replacement was acquired but no information on the pump. He didn't get the impression it was removed from the engine. Good luck as I know how hard that engine is to source parts for.