Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 2600 tractor stuck clutch.

James alex zheltonoga · 2024-04-09 19:05

I have a 2600 ford tractor that i left set for too long without blocking the clutch pedal down and the clutch is stuck fast. I tried starting it in gear and driving it around and hitting the brakes but that did'nt work.Any one have any ideas short of splitting it in half ?

Replies7
  1. #1reganj2024-04-09 20:40

    Did you have the clutch pedal pushed to the floor while you were hitting the brakes?? Is the clutch disengagement device==cable or hydraulic== operational? Sometimes you have to be rough with the brakes and more than once for it to break loose.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2024-04-09 22:45

    Just split it. You will waste more time playing around trying to break it free then to split it and fix it. Atleast that is how every rusted clutch I dealt with wound up

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-04-10 00:39

    Is there an inspection cover underneath that you might be able to see what's going on?

  4. #4HarleyHappy2024-04-10 08:40

    All kidding aside, run it into a wall. You will need to get quite rough with it to break it free but it’s been done before. Just need to shock the driveline enough.

  5. #5Delmer2024-04-10 08:43

    I've heard letting it warm up and cool off repeatedly can help.

  6. #6Sportsman7622024-04-10 19:51

    I have heard starting it in low then pushing against something solid like a tree with the clutch depressed might break it free. Other than that you have to split it.

  7. #7James alex zheltonoga2024-04-11 12:08

    There is no inspection plate for access,and i tried clamping the clutch pedal down and jerking it with another tractor but that did not work. Guess i will have to split it in half and fix. Many thanks to all that replied.