Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 276 Versatile injector pump

Tones ยท 2016-06-03 23:19

The CAV Lucas injector pump is leaking fuel past the small round disc near the top. It is retained with a sir clip. I'm having a huge problem finding out what seal kit to get and can't find any info on the net and the local New Holland agent tells me it's a Hay Bailer.:Banghead The numbers on the pump are; Type 912, DPS 8520A640, 15722HFG. The tractor is still usable, just have to bled the fuel system in the mornings so I don't want remove the plate until I get the correct parts. Any help will be much appreciated. PS. It has the Ford engine not the Cummins. Cheers Tony

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-06-04 07:30

    Yes, the cap is held in by a c-clip or snap ring.. and there is an oring on the cap.. P# for the oring is>>7185-950DW.. the # is a Delphi #.. any fuel shop will have it or can order it for you.. The correct procedure is> remove the clip.. grab the cap w/ pliers and rock it back and forth while pulling it out.. Change the oring and lube it well before reinstalling the cap.. align the cap w' the hole and 1 good rap w' a hammer will seat it properly in its bore. Reinstall the clip..

  2. #2Tones2016-06-04 21:53

    A huge thanks Pumpguy, I'll order it Monday. Also it's good to know your back is getting better.:drinkup