Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ford 3600 tractor transmission fluid change

chas350 ยท 2012-10-15 16:45

When adding fluid to the transmission on a 3600 ford, it the fill hole on top near the shifter plate?

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042012-10-15 22:14

    Yes, It is a large plug on the cover the shifters are mounted to, and it should be filled to the level of a square headed 1/4 pipe plug on the side of the transmission. I think the check plug is on the right, but I can't remember for sure.

  2. #2Richardjw~2012-10-16 11:32

    some of those had a dipstick fixed to the filler plug - just in case you don't find a level plug Just be aware that the rear axle is a separate compartment for oil, the plug is back there on the centre housing and the level plug is down on the rh side of the axle close to the diff-lock pedal

  3. #3chas3502012-10-16 20:29

    Thank you Thank you very much guys.

  4. #4chas3502012-10-16 20:32

    mitch504 I live near Moncks Corner. Can you tell me some one in our area, dependable, who can rebuild my hydraulics and install a new clutch, etc?