Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 4500

jrodnick ยท 2020-01-09 19:11

I have a 71 Ford 4500 loader backhoe and I am in need of the hydraulic line that comes off the pump. It is bolted to the pump with 4 bolts. If anyone has one or can point me in the direction of a used one let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Replies5
  1. #1jimg9842020-01-09 19:46

    we reused the existing 4 bolt flange and section of steel tubing, the hyd shop silver soldered a hose adpt on it,, it can be a male or female adpt your choice,, then he replaced steel tubing with hyd hose going back, its takes some thought to do, working for me,, may have to change adpt fitting at opposite end of new hyd hose,,,, ford was bad to use fitting that used orings, need to match fitting type to new hyd adpt

  2. #2berky2020-01-10 05:40

    Suction or pressure side? Both had 4 bolts

  3. #3jrodnick2020-01-10 06:09

    Pressure

  4. #4jimg9842020-01-11 12:44

    how did things go with your hyd. hose replacement? good luck lets us know what you came up with,

  5. #5ttman42020-01-13 10:14

    Few yr ago on my Sept '69 Ford 4500 TLB I had to do some small brazing to the steel flange that is attached to the steel line on outlet (pressure side ) of the pump. I then dressed it up and fitted it back on with the 4 bolt flange. So far it's holding. Otherwise I was all set to do a variation of what jimg984 suggested above.