Got a 1965 Ford 4500. The tractor has been sitting for about 2 weeks. Cranked it up and couldn't get it into gear. I can start it while in gear and move it around but with the clutch pressed it stays engaged. I've tried riding around with the clutch pedal pressed throbbing the throttle but it ain't freeing up. I think its because its so low geared and the revs are slow to get high its not jarring the drivetrain hard enough to unstick the clutch from the flywheel. Any ideas on freeing the clutch from the flywheel besides breaking this tractor in half?
Well nevermind. I tried unsticking it for about an hour before my first post. Went out and tried one more time and it freed up. I may just block the clutch pedal down while its sitting.
Moisture, disc froze to flywheel. You ran it long enough to warm up the engine and after it sat the disc wasn't stuck to the flywheel. Joe H
Not in southern Va. not this winter, anyway. I have been running into this a lot the last couple of years. I don't know why it seems more common, or if I'm only imagining it.