Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 4500 Industrial

Don Brown ยท 2018-07-09 14:08

Unsure of year of backhoe loader, however, I will nail it down soon. This is my first backhoe loader. The question I have is: What modern makes of excavator / hoe buckets are compatible (or reasonably compatible) with this 1965-75 model tractor? I'd like to get a larger bucket and maybe a trencher. Thank you, DMB

Replies2
  1. #1Don Brown2018-07-09 18:29

    I'd like to add I believe the excavator attachment is a Ford 753.

  2. #2dirthog2018-07-10 08:58

    Ford buckets of that era were sort of there own bird don't think you will find anything that will work. That being said it might pin up but the linkage will be way off and so will the power and stroke. Now on a trencher that to will be hard as they are gear drive and a trencher for the most part need a hydrostat not saying it will not work just not good.