Got the tractor home,changed the oil and filter in tranny, drove it down the drive and up the other side, ran great, shifted better,seemed fine. Today I wanted to move closer to pressure wash it to locate leaks and it does not move! Runs fine buckets move but nothing foward or reverse. It is the four speed with shuttle torque converter. The oil was mocha colored from being outside but looks ok now, I put in 134 equivilant oil (carquest 304). It worked so good yesterday it seems hard to beleive the torque converter is gone. Haven't bought the shop manual yet, so I'm working in the dark. I pulled th grill and traced down some lines that go from the filter to a valve on the right side of the pump in front of radiator that has some sort of linkage coming out that I couln't get to move. Any way, any suggestions would be appreciated. Will look to find a ford mechanic. Thanx steve
Sounds like you have found the power steering system. All of the valves and other parts of the transmission are in the transmission case. There is a valve that sticks that causes this sometimes, but my memory is very fuzzy.